Crónica Valencia.

Crónica Valencia.

Niño asesinado en Sueca: forenses confirman ensañamiento y defensa desesperada con 27 puñaladas.

Niño asesinado en Sueca: forenses confirman ensañamiento y defensa desesperada con 27 puñaladas.

Forensics have confirmed before a jury that the 11-year-old boy murdered in the Valencian town of Sueca by his father on April 3, 2022, a few months after separating from his mother, tried to defend himself and that there was cruelty: he received 27 stab wounds and suffered 41 abrasions.

The experts have confirmed this Thursday the report on the autopsy and removal of the child's body and have concluded that he suffered and tried to defend himself. "Suffering and trauma," they summarized to the jury that is trying the father of the child, who faces a sentence of permanent imprisonment, as the prosecution demands.

The experts explained that the lifeless body of the child showed a total of 27 wounds caused by a knife, 18 of which were in the neck, and 41 abrasions. The fatal stab wound was the one that pierced the carotid artery.

Regarding this, a member of the jury asked the witnesses about the time the accused needed to inflict the wounds on the child and, in particular, they were interested in whether it could have lasted longer than a minute, to which the forensics have said that it cannot be determined since they have indicated that the stabbings could have taken place in seconds but, in a struggle, the time could have been extended. Regarding the abrasions, most of them occurred "basically" while the child was trying to defend himself. "He tried to avoid or get rid of the knife," they said.

The experts have also indicated that most of the wounds inflicted on the child are consistent with an attack from behind, although there are also others that suggest that the assailant was on top of the victim, such as one on the chest.

When asked if there was anything that caught their attention during the autopsy, one of the forensics responded: "In the autopsy room, we do not usually come across cases with this intensity of trauma. It is atypical because of the number of wounds and the fact that the victim still had the weapon stuck in his neck," he said.

On the other hand, in Thursday's trial session, two Civil Guard officers who participated in the inspection of the crime scene also testified.

One of them stated that upon arriving at the house - around 4:00 p.m. alerted by the mother - they found bottles and water jugs, but they did not see any alcoholic beverages. They also saw that the child's mobile phone was unlocked, so they could manipulate it, and they saw that he had sent a message to his mother at 2:04 p.m., in which he said, "Pots vindre a arreplegar-me?" - "Can you come and pick me up?" The accused admitted that he allowed his son to answer the phone to the mother while he was killing him, around 2:20 p.m.

He also described that at that moment, the father was dressed in a tracksuit, covered in blood stains, but his hands and arms were clean. They also did not see any blood stains in the sink or kitchen basin.

On the other hand, the other Civil Guard officer who appeared before the court testified that the accused was trembling at that time, "blank and with a lost look": "I don't think he was drunk. When I say he was blank, I mean more in terms of the possibility that he took some kind of pill," he specified. During this agent's testimony, some photographs of the crime scene were exhibited to the jury, and some of them showed discomfort with them.